Wash The Dishes Beautifully :)





Bringing a little beauty in to your life every day, changes everything. It doesn’t matter what you are doing, but do it beautifully. If you are washing the dishes, think about the meal you ate, how much you enjoyed it, who you shared it with. Be thankful you have just turned on the tap, and out came water to wash up.


If you are ironing your clothes, think about where you would wear them next. What would you be doing? Who would you be with? If you are planting seeds in the garden, imagine them working hard to grow all winter, and then popping their little heads above ground in spring. 






                             Beautiful Doesn’t Have To Cost A Penny 


I once read a quote that said ‘if you have two pennies, spend a penny on bread and a penny on flowers’. I didn’t quite understand it when I was younger, but I do now. I have recently started buying myself flowers and it is just lovely! In springtime in England you can buy a bunch of daffodils for just a pound. Think of the cost per enjoyment!


If you don’t have spare money for flowers, there are many choices in the fields and hedgerows and they can look stunning. At the end of summer I often cut my hydrangeas and they look gorgeous in a vase all winter long!





                                               Bathe Beautifully


Having a bath might be considered a necessity, but you can turn this every day task into a thing of beauty. A few drops of your favourite essential oil, a little bath foam, some dim lighting and a few well placed candles, ensure you will be relaxed and in the mood for a long, hot soak.


Finish it off with some warm fluffy towels, and something lovely to slip in to. Heavenly!





Make Something Beautiful


I have stayed in a Monastery many times and absolutely love the peace and calmness. The Monastery is home for Monks and Nuns and when they are Anagarikas (trainees) they have to sew their robes in which they are to be ordained. Afterwards, they will make different robes that will be worn for many years.


The attention to detail and love they put into their robes, honestly makes my eyes fill with tears. I have watched young Anagarikas staying up all night stitching perfectly, so the robes, though made from simple material, are perfect. Watching them walk into the temple to ordain, in their beautifully crafted robes, is a sight to behold, and is one of those moments in my life I will remember forever.


There are a thousand things that you could make look beautiful, the home you live in, your garden, little hotels for wildlife, your car, your caravan, your clothes. 


You.





                                                    Change Your Mindset


If you change how you feel about something, it all becomes so different. I used to live in France and had to come to England once or twice a month. The ferry journey was long (9 hours) and boring, I had to do it for over a year.


Then one day I decided to change how I felt about it. I wanted to enjoy it, so I looked for things that made me happy. I wore something beautiful to travel in, packed my favourite book, and made a little picnic. I would sit on deck (weather permitting), and if I was lucky might even have a nap :) It wasn’t long before I was looking forward to the ferry, instead of dreading  the journey, it  became my ‘me’ time.


And if you can’t manage any of the above, just smile. You are beautiful just the way you are :).


Please follow my blog by clicking the three lines on the top left and then follow x


Thank you for stopping by 💝💝💝 Lily x

Popular Posts